The happy ear

The happy ear
Musical pills to bring happiness to our ears

lunes, 15 de febrero de 2016

Chet Baker - My Funny Valentine

"Pero no cambies un pelo por mí.
No, si te importo algo.
Quédate, pequeña Valentina, quédate.
Cada día es el Día de San Valentín."

Chet Baker grabó este tema por primera vez a principios de los 50. Sin embargo, mi versión favorita fue la primera que escuché una noche de radio, allá por finales de los 80, con un Chet al final de sus días, muy deteriorado ya por las drogas. Fue impactante para mí.

"But dont change a hair for me.
Not if you care for me.
Stay little Valentine, stay.
Each day is Valentine's Day."

Chet Baker recorded this song for his first time in the early 50s. However, my favorite performance was wich I heard for my first time in a radio night in the late 80s. Those were the last months of Chet's life, because he was badly damaged due to drugs. I was shocked.

Chet Baker - My Funny Valentine

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario